The overall objective of the symposium is to review current strategies related to plant protection issues in SSA and to design/enhance mechanisms and actions for the efficient and effective management of plant pests.
Protection issues in SSA and to design/strengthen improvement mechanisms and actions for the efficient and sustainable management of the main pests.
The objectives of this international symposium are :
• To bring together at least 150 scientists from Europe and Africa in the field of plant protection ;
• To take stock of plant protection in sub-Saharan Africa ;
• To identify future research avenues in the light of recent scientific progress in plant protection ;
• To consider the establishment of an African institution for the promotion of plant protection research
• Establishment of an African-wide database for the protection of food crops.